Friday 7 May 2010

The Adam-Factor Finland


What an incredibly enthusiastic welcome Adam received from Finland. The abundant fans formed massive crowds which looked quite overwhelming. It was another affirming moment as we realised the strength and reach of the Adam Lambert Effect. The memory of the AI WWFM wasn't very far away so I didn't really know what to expect for this one. I'd seen some spoilers that he was wearing a purple tie and shook my head at the absurdity of getting so excited over a fucking tie.



The first part of the video is somewhat frustratingly in black and white (and blue) and just goes to show how much the visuals matter. It was exacerbated by the fact that I was trying to look out for the purple tie. It's quite unusual for Adam to be jacketless while sporting his glam up-do and this outfit is quite different to what I've been accustomed to. It's a bold look and he looks but I'm not so keen on the low-slung harem trousers as I keep expecting him to break it down, Hammer time. The glittery shirt has quite unusual detailing on the sleeves and I wonder if they are detachable. The whole band has smartened up with Cam looking gorgeous and Tommy looking a little like a rebellious schoolboy who refuses to iron or tuck his shirt in.

I'm finally put out of the tie mystery misery when the colourful chorus kicks in and I can see the fetching shade of purple. It seems to match the colour of Longineu's drum kit and jazzes up an outfit that's all glittery grey and black, bar the spats. The vocal is pretty much perfect with my favourite part being the coarser tone of the final line. That timbre has the synaesthetic effect of a luxurious praline as Adam demonstrates exactly what it means to possess the X factor.

1 comments:

  1. Camera really bounced around too much. Focus on ADAM! He's what we want to see!

    ReplyDelete